Do you take insurance?
At present, Sereno Ridge Recovery is self-pay only. We are a non-clinical facility and therefore cannot take insurance for the residential 12-Step Immersion program.
Do you perform drug screening?
Yes. Guests will take a COVID-19 rapid test, a urine drug screen, and a Tuberculosis test prior to arrival. Drug tests will be conducted randomly throughout the program.
What should I bring?
Items ALLOWED at the Lodge:
- Shampoo, conditioner, hair mousse and body lotion (alcohol must not be in the first three ingredients)
- Hair spray
- Hair dryer, flat iron, and curling iron
- Mouthwash – alcohol free only
- Liquid body wash only – No bar soap
- Nail clipper without metal file. Cardboard nail files only
- Photo frames without glass
- Recovery, Spiritual and self-help books only
- Crayons, markers, pens, and highlighters (No Sharpie brand)
- Musical instruments – must be approved by staff
- Electric razors are preferred – Disposable razors are allowed but will be secured by staff until week 3
- Suitable clothing
- Appropriate undergarments are to be worn at all times
- Shorts/dresses must be fingertip length with arms straight down your side (it is staff’s discretion if inappropriate)
- Leggings can be worn but shirt must completely cover your bottom
- Jeans with holes above the knee are at staff’s discretion if they are appropriate
- Tank tops must be at least two inches across the shoulder
- Hoodies, hats, and sunglasses are not to be worn during scheduled groups
- WOMEN – one piece only
- MEN – trunk style only
- Small fans
- iPods, MP3 players or small portable radio that uses earbuds. Must provide your own charger.
- Cellphones can be used beginning week three during approved time
Items NOT ALLOWED at the Lodge:
- No illegal substances or alcohol
- All keys must be given to staff to be secured
- Firearms, knives, scissors, hair clippers, or straight razors
- Smart watches, cameras, computers, or USB drives
- Cigarettes, cigars, lighters, dip, chewing tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vapes or vaping supplies
- Laundry detergent, dryer sheets or bleach (Hypoallergenic detergent will be provided)
- Outside food, drink, candy, or gum
- Products must not have alcohol listed in the first three ingredients
- Baby oil
- Hand sanitizer
- Previously opened chap stick
- Bar soap – liquid body wash only
- Metal nail files, polish, glue, or remover
- Pillows, blankets, towels, and washcloths
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Candles/Air fresheners
- Clothing that promotes alcohol, drug use, clubs, bars or are sexually suggestive, etc.
- Playing cards, dice, or poker chips
- Permanent markers
- No sexually suggestive or pornographic material
- Two-piece swimsuits or speedos
- No halter or tube tops, cutoff shirts, spaghetti straps or cleavage showing
- Metal or rat-tail combs
- No perfumes, cologne, or body sprays
- No glass bottles (i.e. makeup bottles)
- No personal vehicles
Will I be able to receive mail?
Yes, your friends and family can send mail to your attention at: Sereno Ridge Recovery, 291 Valley Cruise Lane, Arab, AL 35016
Will I be able keep my cell phone?
You will turn in your cell phone (and any personal devices) upon arrival. At week three, you will be able to use your cell phone at designated times. You will get a 5-minute “safe” call upon arrival. During your first week, you get one call. During your second week, you get two calls. Starting your third week, you can use your personal phone during designated times.
Will my family be able to visit me?
Normally, yes. During the pandemic, however, family visits are suspended to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection.
Can I smoke?
No. Sereno Ridge Recovery is a smoke-free/vape-free environment.
What if I have a court date during my stay?
We will work with the court system to accommodate your needs.